what I'm gifting this year

Have you seen Anthropologie's charm necklace collection?



When I saw it, I knew exactly who would love this for a gift.  My Mother-in-law, a huge fan of Anthro and a huge fan of my little boy, her one and only grandson.  So I "designed" a necklace for her.


 I felt like it was a bit of a risk spending $100 for a piece of jewelry online.  Worried about it looking chintzy and cheesy, I went ahead because of free shipping and the insurance of returning it.  But, it arrived today and I'm so pleased!
A crystal for chakra (something very meaningful to her), a wooden A for Alan and an adorable golden frog locket.

Inside, a couple of recent portraits she hasn't yet seen.

But the part I think is the sweetest is a note from the gifter, her grandson, folded up inside the locket box.
And how adorable is the felted pouch it comes in?  Anthropologie does it again!
 
For my parents, my sisters and I together splurged on engraved His and Hers iPads.
Pocket helicopters for my nephews.

And cake ball makers and supplies for my nieces.


The teachers are getting Nordstrom gift cards:

The mailman is getting a gift certificate to our local burger stand which just happens to be across the street from the post office.

And the bus driver gets $ in this cute box I found at Wal-mart.

The class gets goodie bags with hot cocoa and a candy cane.


But my favorite gift to give is a little donation to the Salvation Army because when my dad was a tot from a very poor family in Paris, Texas, the only sign of Christmas was the Salvation Army delivering candy canes and oranges to them.  Because of this story, I never mind the bell ringers and always let my little boy fill the kettles.
You won't believe what my son is asking for this year.  More on that later : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Home Improvement Ideas. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Click Bank Engine.